Hear Us

2009-06-05

Male and Female

I had a dark, dark dream last night, the kind of dream where you wake more tired than before, being forced to exert yourself all through the night. It reminded me a little of H.R. Geiger's work, particularly his version of the Book of the Dead.

A male and female, two halved parts of my whole, sat at the top of the floor of this elaborate dark home. I had a woman with me, but she could not visit them there. And to me, the two things were beautiful. They were human forms but moved through the air. And watching them was like viewing film slowed down, frame by frame. The male and female moved like poured oil and then froze up all the sudden, halted in the shell of black wax figures. Like that, back and forth like film. The creatures turned more hostile when I led her up to the top floor. They chased us around. I tried to hop over the balcony to get away, but turned back suddenly. I remember thinking I'd be able to will them to desist. The dream ended then. I understand that most dream accounts are vague. I hope I was able to convey the visceral quality of it all, how powerful it was.

A cropping of an H.R. Geiger piece:

1 comment:

Chris said...

I had a dream that I helped the Jonas brothers through some jealousy issues within the band.

Post a Comment