The Frontier Brothers
People interviewed: Marshall Galactic
2009-05-19
The Frontier Brothers have landed. Nobody can deny this fact, but from where it is exactly they originate is still a mystery. Their debut album Space Punk Starlet is proof that there is far more to them than any other American Indie Rock band out there at the moment. In fact, upon hearing the 14 gems on what is an album with no fillers, it is hard to confine them to the indie box. Could this trio really be from a different planet? I spoke to Marshall Galactic to find out a little bit more about what we can expect from this latest space invasion.
First off, tell us a little about your background…
My name is Marshall Galactic. I am from Texas, I live in Texas. All of my life I have lived here. But my spirit animal is from outer-space. Travis and Brett are the same.
How did the group come together?
Brett and I wrote “T.E.S.S.” together. That was our first song. We also did a Meat Loaf cover and a song called “Face Up At The Funeral”. We went with the lighter theme. Travis joined a few months later. He is my real brother.
What first got you into making music?
My brother started playing guitar. I got one, too. I don’t remember why I started writing songs. Must have been too young. I was 14 or 13. At that age, we can think and solve problems and believe we are people. But I was not sentient then. I was not a real person, not yet. I hadn’t seen death. So that is why I don’t know the precise reason why I wanted to make music. I guess the whole thing seemed natural. I never listened to a lot of music. I just liked guitar.
Read the rest of the interview at zapbangmagazine.com
Hear Us
2009-06-01
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment