This a sketch Tess did for me, a rendering of simpler times. Below are the last of my thoughts on my departure and what awaits me in the future:I fell very in love with T.e.s.s. and she with me. But she remained haunted by the old ridicule, the acronym: Technical, Electronic, Supersonic, Robot. You remind a robot that they are just highly evolved trash and junk metal and that really brings them down. She was the subject of the first TFB song ever written. That was five years ago. Brett and I sat down and laid it out in a matter of minutes. That was when we knew we were meant to make music together, because we knew each others hearts. A year later, Travis sat down on the drums and Pow! Pow! Pow! Tess became a rock song.
The story of T.e.s.s. is not over. To spoil it in this volume would be a waste, because the rest is meant for song. She screamed and beat her wrists against me when it was time to leave. “It was all about that girl Evelyn with her warm skin and bones,” she said. She swore to follow me, to find me someday and exact revenge for what I did. But I don’t blame her. I’ll willingly stand before that judgment someday, when it comes.

No comments:
Post a Comment