Hear Us

2009-01-21

You Must Thank Fate, Yourself, And the Gods

I'm currently fighting the urge to fall asleep. Bed feels natural right now. I can almost feel them wrapping around me, the covers. I spent a long time tonight cleaning the kitchen. I rubbed the sink clean and scoured the stovetop for difficult spots. Some of the stains just wouldn't come out, even when I took my fingernails to them and grated for a bit. I could not figure how to put the stove grates back on correctly. No combination fits. Each removable metal piece has a small protrusion. The stove does not have a matching indention in its porcelain. A little wired, I decided to drink a lot of Nyquil.

Really one of the great things about waking up, or sleeping for that matter, is a nightmare. During the actual experience it is not pleasant. But the sensation of realizing, wait, this is not real, I am waking up. I'm not even in school right now. There is no final to study for. Everything is ok. I can relax. Fuck homework. I'm comfortable here. 

This morning I got a piece of that. Oh, it was wonderful. I came to a bit, realized it had been a horrible dream. The sun slanted through the window in the unique pattern of early morning. I checked the time, ten o' clock. Nice and early. I set my alarm for 11:17 and lay back down, moving against the covers, loving it. You have to appreciate these things. I even made a mental note at that time. I was damn lucky. Lucky my ass did not itch or I was involved in any sort of romantic relationship. Thankful for being there. Thankful for my bed and the fact that my car will start and for not having a stuffed up nose, breathing clean pure air, available so easily for me. 

Everyday you must thank fate and yourself and your clothes and the gods.

THANK YOU, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment