Stay Focused! I've noticed that my inner voice is rather weak. For as much as I know I have to do, I still waste away hours online or offline or wherever. How can I stand to spend three hours searching for Natalie Portman Robot Art, when I've got the mountain of rock stardom to climb. Yuck.
TO DO:
Find booking agent - We've been doing all our booking ourselves. It saves money, but it's not practical in the long term. It's hard to negotiate guarantees (which we deserve, because we work our asses off to bring people to every show). It takes time away from other things ie. Natalie Portman Robot Art. It's hard (for travis, our booking guru).
Get Travis, Matt, & I on a click - Part of becoming a better live band involves reliability. Too many redbulls or an overexcited kidney and suddenly we're playing Jump Blues at competition speed. Starry Globes and Stereos in liquid slo-mo. The solution to this involves in-ear monitors and a click track (metronome). The HUGE side-benefit of implementing this new technology is that we will be able to add sound-effects, backup parts, etc. to the show. We'll finally be playing Ego Protection, which starts and ends with a drum machine that must be perfectly sinc'd to our tempo. (very hard to do when I've got two hands on the keyboards---I need more hands)
Write new songs - We compose at a geriatric pace. There are no throw away songs in our arsenal. I'd like to believe that there are no two songs that sound the same. And it's hard! We wrestle our way into each new track. Bridge? Chorus? At some point we're gonna need a whole new album and that means a LOT of new material. And it needs to be better than ever. I never want to release an inferior product. I'd rather go hide in a cave.
Make money - Is it really possible? I hate to be selfish, but I'd really like some.
And thats just the tip of the iceberg people. So I need to stop being lazy, dammit, and get to work!
Hear Us
2009-01-09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment