But the movie was beautiful and I almost cried during the part,
Bastian: How many wishes do I get?
Empress Moonchild: As many as you want, and the more wishes you make, the more magnificent Fantasia will become.
For some reason I choked up a bit there. You really have to see it on screen. I love books or movies that go straight to the imagination sentiment. Because it really is true. It's one of the few reasons to keep living. As for the crying, I experienced the same thing at the end of Last of the Mohicans, a pretty crappy movie. If I get into an idea I really work myself up about it. Plus, my med schedule is spotty, and I get hyper-emotional if I don't take them on time.
A few days ago I visited a local gun show in Fort Worth. I taking a look at this gun behind the counter when I noticed two short, fat mexican girls inspecting an AK-47. They thought I was employee and they asked, "Sir, would this be considered a pistol grip." I felt cool for a second, but had to reveal that I was just a random guy. Anyway, the real owner told the two girls that the rifle (which definitely had a pistol grip) was meant to be shouldered, meaning they could purchase the firearm as long as they were eighteen. I watched as the sale was finalized. The girls didn't seem well acquainted with the weapon; they barely touched it, held it at a distance like some alien specimen. Five minutes later they were walking away with it, out the doors and into the parking lot.
Now I know a lot of people would find this disturbing. It's really not. A civilian Ak-47 is really just a semi-automatic rifle. However, a few years ago a republican legislature halted the ban on over-sized magazines and banana magazines. These hold a shit-load of ammunition and make even crappy gun show Ak's deadly weapons. I've thought about it. Maybe she just wanted a cool gun. Maybe she was buying it for her criminal boyfriend. Who knows. I don't care. If she attacked me, I'd shoot first.

No comments:
Post a Comment