Hear Us

2008-04-20

DC - The Iota Club

We arrived in DC at the same time as the Pope, but surprisingly didn't have much trouble with traffic. Amazingly enough, although we made no attempt to get there on time, we actually made it to the venue at exactly 6:01, when we were supposed to be there at 6. If we had spent 1 less minute yelling obscenities at the front of Turks Towing, then we would have been there exactly on time.

There was a super small stage at Club Iota, with awesome onstage sound, leading to a really tight energetic show. I like being close enough to see Brett's hands on the keys. Screw big stadiums, I'm all about the basements.

Club Iota gave us free food before the show. They had bowls of pasta, and seriously the best cauliflower I have ever tasted in my life..for free! My compliments to the chef.

After our show I met Tim from Calhoun's Aunt who was super nice.

Also after the show, a couple came up to tell me that our set had inspired them to go home and rent the movie Willow. I deemed this the highest compliment that we have ever received after a set, considering that Mad Martigan from Willow is my lifetime hero, as well as the greatest swordsman of all time.

Right after the show, we decided to drive straight through the night to New York City at midnight cause we didn't have a place to stay in DC. Nick, the keyboard player for Calhoun, and the Polyphonic Spree, decided to roll with us to get to NYC a little bit earlier and was great company on the allnighter drive since Brett and Marshall passed out soon after we got on the road. I saw the Washington Monument off the highway, driving out of the city at night after the show. I thought it would be bigger.

It was an intense, but fun, all night drive. We got to NYC at 5:30 in the morning, and watched the sun rise over the New York skyline from the roof of our friend Emily Skipper's apartment building. It may have been the greatest moment of my life so far. It was really beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment