Dear Earthlings,
So the Athens show didn't happen. A local band, Five-Eight, committed to being on a bill with us at The Caledonia Lounge and then pulled out without notifying us.
Dear Five-Eight, (if you find this post)
I'm sure you guys are a wonderful band. I've listened to your music and it's very well done. I'm sure you're all nice guys. Still- it's hard enough being a small independent band on the road without our colleagues burning bridges for us. Our fans in Athens have been patiently waiting for us to visit and we will have to postpone. Hopefully we'll make it to Athens soon (and the Caledonia Lounge looks COOL) but not this time. Like I said- we're NOT hating on Five-Eight, just suggesting a little more communication.
So whatever- we make mountains out of anthills (heh). We stopped by, Tennessee instead and stayed with TFB Space Cadet Axton. Sewanee is a tiny liberal arts town hidden in a beautiful southern bluff. The stillness of the countryside makes for an excellent reprieve from the always-on-intensity of the city. I think Marshall, Matt, & Travis are still asleep. I'm sitting at "The Blue Chair" coffee shop having Granola & Espresso. I sound like such a hipster.
Next stop: Lenny's Bar in Atlanta & a stay at the wonderful abode of Neil & Shelly.
- B
Hear Us
2009-02-12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you are a hipster brett my darling. sounds very peaceful out there. makes me wish I could get out to the countryside around Paris one of these days...
Post a Comment