Plastic Bag
from Space Punk Starlet
When I say I gotta leave hope you'll understand,
sing me songs, give me flowers, kiss me, hug me,
and say I'm the last love you'll ever have.
I'm like a plastic bag and you're the all the groceries in the town,
I try to float a bit and you're always there to bring me down.
And that's the way it's been for a long time.
Cause it seems to me that forever's not such a long time
for a love like this. It's for you, my dear, that the centuries will cry
and stars will make a fit for the face I might miss.
Sittin' on a bench, the wind and the western sky,
I thought I saw your face but I didn't so I heaved
a sigh, shit baby all I had was the Pavement.
I'm tired of living my life inching through day by day,
been drinking myself to death to nowhere since you went away,
and that's the way it's been.
But it seems to me that forever's not such a long time
for a love like this. It's for you, my dear, that the centuries will cry
and stars will make a fit for the face I might miss.
Well I can't write anymore songs,
like I'm the songs I'm all but gone,
and I just can't shake my fist at the sky
to change things.
So I'll be running away instead,
making all your letters dead.
And I'm sorry by the way,
I know our dawn never saw it's day,
just want the leaves to climb back to the trees
and just say, lets stay back in yesterday.
Hear Us
2006-11-20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment